www.i-wax.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to check signal on TVs

Go down

How to check signal on TVs Empty How to check signal on TVs

Post by Digital_Guru Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Ok allot of people these days when they buy a new TV have problems with the picture breaking up, sound clicking and missing channels. This is down to "Digital Break up" which is basically signal related which could be your aerial needs updating, aerial needs aligning or may be work on the local transmitter and the best way of finding out what the signal is doing is check this on your TV.
Just 1 tip before checking the signal is to put the TV on a ITV station as these are genrally the harder ones to pick up
For the newer Samsung TVs including R8, M8 series:
1. Press D.Menu
2. Press Down twice to highlight setup
3. Press Right to highlight menu transparency
4. Press UP to highlight system
5. Press Right to highlight product information
6. Press Down to highlight signal information
7. Press Right once

In here you will see:
Network: This will tell you where your aerial is aligned to so you can check your postcode online to check if it’s the right one
Signal strength: This will tell you how good the signal is. for Samsung TVs I Recommend 70-80% any lower then aerial needs checking
Bit error: This is basically what causes the squares and the sound clicking, its trying to compensate for a low signal so you don’t loose the picture completely if there is more than 1 on here then aerial needs checking.

For the older Samsungs:
1. Press D.Menu
2. Press Up once to highlight system
3. Press Right to highlight product information
4. Press Down to highlight signal information
5. Press Right once
-------------------------------------------------------------------
For LG TVs
1. Press Menu should say setup or station
2. Press Right to highlight auto store
3. Press Down until Diagnostics is highlighted
4. Press Right arrow and channels just start loading up
5: When finished press right arrow ( best to do this on ITV channels as these are the worst to pick up)

with these TVs you will see:
Transmitter: will tell you where your aerial is aligned too
Signal strength: will tell you how good the signal is ( for LGs again i recommend 70 - 80% )

For some Matsui and Logik TVs:
There should be a info or display button on the remote and you will see a signal bar above the channel info. The bar should be 3 quarters of the way up
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Most Panasonic TVs:
1. Press Menu and highlight Setup
2. press Right
3. Press Down to highlight DVB set up menu
4. Press Right
5. Press Down to highlight Signal Condition or Signal Quality (depending on what model you have)

In here you will see a bar going from 1-10 if its lower than 7 then aerial needs checking
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Most Phillips models:
1. Press Digital Menu
2. Press Down to Highlight Installation
3. Press Right
4. Press Down to Test Reception
5. Press Right

In here it will say:
Network Name: This will tell you where your aerial is aligned to so you can check your postcode online to check if it’s the right one
Signal Strength: This will have a signal level indicator. If lower than 3 quarters then it’s too low and aerial needs checking

I will be adding more models when i have more time!!
Digital_Guru
Digital_Guru
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Number of posts : 40
How to check signal on TVs Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100How to check signal on TVs Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

http://www.barmy-baillie.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum