www.i-wax.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read before any posting

Go down

Read before any posting Empty Read before any posting

Post by Admin Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:11 pm

The RULES

You must read these rules, and you must abide by them. They are mandatory. The rules are not 'recommended reading'. They are important for keeping the forum organized, productive, and awesome. We reserve the right to lock posts, delete posts, remove avatars, edit signatures, and ban users for not following these rules, or for any other reason at our discretion.

0) This rules list is subject to revision and updates. We will try to be as fair as possible about it, however. I'll put the last revision date in the post title for convenience.

1) Before you ask for or about ANYTHING:

1. Read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
2. Search for your answer, Before posting
3. Read the Popular Feature Requests posting. If it's already there, don't ask for it. Seriously. Don't.

2) Post in the correct section. For instance, Tutorials sections is STRICTLY reserved for PUBLISHING ONLY. Do NOT post questions in there. Your post will be deleted immediately.

3) DO NOT SHOUT. We can hear you just fine. Using all capitals is often interpeted as rude, so please don't.

4) You must make sense. Tiping lyk thz iz n0t kewl.

5) You only need one exclamation ! or question mark ? It's really obnoxious when people post like this: "How do I do this ??????????????????" or "That's awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" C'mon people. We get the point just as well if you only use 1 or 2. Thanks.

6) Thread titles must be descriptive and specific -- NOT generic. You need to use descriptive thread titles. The following are examples of thread titles that are NOT ALLOWED:

"Help"
"Please help"
"I need help"
"Can you help"
"HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!" (if you post like this you WILL be banned)
"Tutorial request"
"Feature request"
"Plugin request"
"Looking for..."
"Looking for a tutorial / feature "
"Can we do this" ('this' is complete ambiguous here)
"I'm a newbie"
"Hello"
"I'm new"

also, putting "HELP!" in any title is also not allowed, it's really quite obnoxious. We know you want help, that's why you're posting in the first place.
etc.

This pollutes the forum with generic threads and makes it impossible to navigate. Imagine if everyone posted with thread titles like this and we had pages full of "Help!!", "Please help", "Please I'm a newbie" or even "Hi" or "Pony" ... it would be stupid. Just like you should be doing with e-mail, write your subject line for the recipient, not the sender. Here's the important part: from now on, threads with generic titles will be locked and/or deleted. Without warning. This rules posting is your warning.

7) Be courteous to others. Constructive criticism is generally welcome and encouraged. Starting fights and being rude is not. However, if your tutorial is really lame, don't be offended when we say as much (By the way, the moderators will generally and almost always follow this rule, but are not required to if circumstance warrants it -- which is at their own discretion.)

8. Do not private message the moderators with questions. That's what the forum is for! If you PM a moderator with a question like, "How do I connect or something?" then your message will probably just be ignored. Also, do not put something like this in your thread title: READ THIS THREAD!!! That is extremely rude and annoying.

9) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, sections of the forum.

10) Posting inappropriate images or using inappropriate words is a quick way to get yourself banned. Remember, this is a family-friendly board. Let's keep it that way.

11) Putting images in your signature is fine, however, annoying, blinking, or especially inappropriate images will be removed.

14) Avatar size requirements: They must not be wider than 120 pixels, nor taller than 160 pixels.

15) Signature size requirements: They must not be wider than 500px, nor taller than 150px

16) Don't try creating new "official" threads for things. For example, "post all requests here!" If the moderators want to reorganize or officiate things, then we will -- that's our job, not yours.

17) Do not include the [quote] tag in your signature. As you can imagine, the mods read TONS of posts. Including this tag in your signature just slows us way down.

18. Don't ask to be a moderator.

19) Don't feed the trolls. If you notice someone is trolling the forum, don't respond to them. A mod will deal with them soon enough. This includes SPAM posts--don't respond to them.

20) Don't create useless polls. Also, don't create polls in any forum except the Overflow forum--and even then we may delete them if they are useless.

21) All forum activity must be in ENGLISH. This includes posts as well as signatures.

22) ADVERTISING and SOLICITING are strictly prohibited. This is NOT the place to advertise your product, company, or community. If you want, you may include a few links in your signature as long as they are small and unobtrusive.

23) Do not swear. This includes "ASCII Swearing" where letters are replaced by symbols/numbers in an attempt to get around the autosensor. YOU WILL BE BANNED!

24) Do not 'bump' your own thread unless it has received 0 replies and it has been 24 hours since you posted it. You may not bump a thread more than once. ('Bumping' refers to posting simply to get your post moved to the top of the list--"Is anyone listening?", "I really need some help here!", "Can't anyone help me?", "Help!", "bump", "up", etc.)

When bumping your thread, it may be wise to edit the original post to give more details as the usual reason no one responds to a post is because it is too confusing.

25) Never 'bump' someone else's thread.

26) Do not "bite" newcomers / newbies. See here for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:BITE

27) All posts may be edited by administrators or modorators to imporve clarity

This also applies to established members. If you want to be rude, do it on another message board. We have no use for it here. "Constructive Criticism" is fine when a user posts in a thread made for that purpose, but be helpful. Being rude just to be rude will earn you a warning.

28 ) Spam. Any spam posts will be deleted as soon as they are discovered by a moderator. The user will be banned, as will their e-mail and IP address. Depending on the e-mail and IP, their subnet and e-mail domain may also be banned. If you are banned by accident, then please contact a moderator for assistance.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 113
Read before any posting Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Read before any posting Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-12

https://i-wax.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum